Collagen Body is a natural formulation for anyone living an active lifestyle, or anyone concerned with their bone health, to help you feel strong inside with bioactive collagen peptides FORTIBONE®, Vitamin D and Calcium to support bone strength and structure~.
Collagen is abundant in skin, muscles, bones, joints and connective tissue, and begins to degenerate from our mid 20s.
Incorporating Collagen Body into your daily inner strength routine, together with a healthy varied diet, helps to:
- Enhance bone mineral density with Calcium, which is necessary for bone structure and assists in the maintenance and function of nerve & muscle tissue.
- Support gut health with Calcium, by assisting in the regulation of digestive enzymes
- Support tissue strength and building with a good source of Protein from hydrolysed collagen.
- Contains a natural source of Vitamin D from mushroom powder
- A diet high in Calcium and adequate Vitamin D is able to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and osteoporotic fracture in people aged over 65.
Collagen is often left out of the modern diet because it is not present in substantial amounts in lean cuts of meat, but rather bones and connective tissue. Collagen Body is only the good stuff – pure type I and type III sustainably sourced collagen that fully dissolves in hot or cold liquid whilst maintaining its benefits.
~when consumed in conjunction with a healthy, varied diet.
Which Collagen Product is best for me?
That depends entirely on what your goals and priorities are, as each of our collagen powders contains different bioactive collagen peptides that have different functions in the body. We have also added some specific key nutrients to each that further support and target those functions and make them even more specialised. Collagen Beauty targets skin hair and nails, Collagen Body targets bone and Collagen Build targets muscle.
For example, If you are concerned with wrinkles and skin hydration, Collagen Beauty is the one for you! If you are concerned with bone density or have recently injured yourself and fractured a bone, then Collagen Body is the one for you! If you are focusing on building strength and lean muscle mass then Collagen Build is the one for you!
Can I take more than one collagen product at the same time?
We do not recommend taking more than one collagen product at a time. More is not always better. If you would like to target multiple body systems, we recommend taking turns with which collagen product you use. The clinical studies that demonstrated the effectiveness of each of the collagens was done by using just one of the specialised bioactive collagen peptides, every day for the trial period (usually between 8-12 weeks). So we recommend doing the same thing (for example, you may want to take Collagen Beauty for 12 weeks to help strengthen and hydrate skin over winter, then focus on Collagen Build for 12 weeks to build and strengthen lean muscle over spring). Taking more Collagen won’t cause harm (as it is a food product that is generally considered safe) but there is only so much protein synthesis and metabolism that you can do in a day. Also, consuming too much of anything isn’t a good idea, as it takes the place of other foods in the diet which may reduce the variety of foods that you have in your day. A healthy varied diet is always the best!
What ‘types’ of collagen are in Collagen Beauty, Collagen Body and Collagen Build?
Collagen Beauty, Collagen Body, and Collagen Build are standardised to contain type I and type III collagen. These two types of collagen are the most abundant types present in connective tissue within the human body such as in hair, skin, nails, bones, joints, muscle and ligaments.
Is it pregnancy & breastfeeding friendly?
In saying this, we do advise on all our products to seek advice from your health care professional on taking our products if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. We only say so as we believe that every pregnancy is different, taking a toll differently on each individual body in vitamin, mineral and energy levels.
We invite you to research the product to ensure that you are not sensitive to any particular ingredients.
Where does our Collagen come from?
Our collagen comes from cattle located in Brazil & Germany.
Are the cows fed grass or grains?
If there’s one thing we are passionate about here at Nutra Organics, aside from food of course, its animals and their welfare. Therefore we have ensured that the bovine our collagen comes from are treated under the highest animal welfare schemes possible. We do not claim “grass fed” as some of them are located in climates where it snows a large portion of the year, and due to other environmental factors, such as drought, cattle are occasionally fed wholesome non-gmo grains to ensure survival. Therefore as they are not exclusively grass-fed for the entirety of their lives, we do not choose to claim grass-fed.
Is your Collagen Certified Organic?
No, unfortunately there is no commerically viable source of certified organic collagen at this time. This is a global issue and we are doing our best to push for this change as the industry expands.
Why bovine collagen?
We thought long and hard about this one. In the end we decided on bovine collagen for the following reasons:
- Bovine hide is a by-product of an industry that is already well established, so it reduces waste, and therefore up-cycles the parts of the animal that would otherwise be disposed of.
- Traceability of bovine sourced collagen is much clearer than marine collagen (so it’s easy to ensure that the collagen comes from healthy, well cared for cows. “Marine” collagen is rarely even “marine” as it mostly comes from fish farms rather than the ocean, and our oceans are majorly over fished already as it is).
- The amount of collagen that you get from one cow is massive compared to one fish. Making it much more cost effective and affordable.
There are a lot of misconceptions about the size of collagen peptides from bovine source vs marine source. One is not “bigger” or “smaller” than the other. The size of collagen peptides relies on the hydrolysis process. This is the process where collagen fibres are broken down into small peptide chains. The collagen that we use has been specifically hydrolysed to be the correct size and shape for optimal absorption and utilisation by the body, specific for it’s function!
How is Collagen different to Gelatin?
The main difference between the Collagen and Gelatin Powders are as follows;
- Collagen is naturally present in all connective tissue. Gelatin is extracted from collagen, and hydrolised collagen is gelatin that has been broken down even further. Therefore, the amino acid profile is the same, but the protein sizes are different.
- Hydrolysed collagen peptides are so small that they will dissolve in hot and cold liquid unlike Gelatin that goes solid (giving it it’s gelling effect).
- Our Collagen products are fortified with specific Collagen Peptides that are trademarked peptides that make the Collagen Powders functional. ie. Collagen Beauty is fortified with Verisol Collagen peptides that aid in depositing Collagen in hair, skin and nails. Whereas Collagen Body is fortified with Fortibone Collagen peptides that aid in depositing Collagen in bone, ligaments, joints and muscle mass.
WAYS TO USE IT
Mix 18 g (1 ½ metric tbsp or 2 heaped dessert spoons) daily into any liquid of choice, from smoothies to soups. Collagen Body is unflavoured, odorless and completely dissolves in hot & cold liquid.